Monday 8 October 2012



If I had to think of one in particular, I guess it would be difficult to give an answer, however, and since I don’t want to be incoherent, I will. I remember one morning in the day of my birthday that my husband woke me up and gave me an envelope. At the time I thought “What a weird present, is it money?” Then I opened it and I realized it was a plane ticket. I remember I was a bit shocked; really, it was a plane ticket with hotel and everything to go to Buenos Aires the weekend after. I did no show much enthusiasm at the time since I had been waiting for something different, I suppose. However, I think this has been one of the best weekends ever. I had never been to Buenos Aires before and we had a wonderful time. We went to the typical sights; we also went to a tango club (and tried to dance!). I spent hours in libraries and got a few books for much better prices. I suppose what I liked the most was the fact that people can be so nice there. Being a capital city, it is a completely different attitude towards others. Less aggressive, I think.  Also, in general the ordinary people in the streets seem so knowledgeable about their history, culture and that is really nice. It seems like culture is everywhere. I really enjoyed it. Now it is one of my good memories.

Write about a present you received.

Say:

What it was,

Who gave it to you,

Why you liked it,

Where it is now.

Write a minimum of 205 words and 4 comments.

4 comments:

  1. great story teacher! I LOVE Buenos Aires, I'm glad you had a great time there. We should have a group trip and go there to learn English!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some odd reason the first thing we think when we receive an envelope is "ohh! money!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a nice present! i would like to visit those libraries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ! that's cool, i would like to receive that kind of present! i love to travel, i think you're very lucky for receveing that gift!! =)

    ReplyDelete